A few months ago, my skin was breaking out in a way not seen since the awkward days of puberty. At Sephora, I met a representative from Dr. Brandt who went on and on about this product for so long that I had no choice but to buy it. (It also helped that my mom happened to be there with me and generously offered to pay for it. Thanks, Mom!)
The Problem: finding an acne treatment that isn't overly drying or harsh.
The Solution:
Application: After cleansing, I gently wipe it on the areas of my face that are prone to break outs using a cotton round. Dr. Brandt suggests using it twice a day, but I only use it once a day or every other day.
The Intensolution is better than comparable products because it's focused on removing bacteria, and unlike other products, it isn't simply stripping the skin of its natural oils. The way the Rep explained it, when we are teenagers, we break out because our hormones overproduce oil, but as we get older, we break out because of bacteria.
The product claims to remove dead skin cells, absorb oil production, and inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. I am not so sure that this prevents future break outs; but, it seems to make existing break outs clear up faster. It has a time-released cooling agent that feels like it's actually cooling off my skin, and is alcohol-free, so it isn't as harsh as most toners. My favorite part about this is that it removes makeup and other residue that my cleanser didn't get. I can actually see the makeup on the cotton round.
Bottom line: Is gentle, effective at clearing up breakups, and is non-drying. But for $35, I want something that truly prevents future break outs. When I finish this bottle, I'll probably try something else.

No comments:
Post a Comment